Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Time that Land Forgot

We were out to dinner last night after enjoying some local comedy from an improv troupe in the area. There was a guy out with us who made a reference to this location down in South Carolina. Now, I think he was trying to say the Land that Time Forgot, but every time he said it, it came out as the Time that Land Forgot...

So that got me thinking...how could Time forget Land, and what would that look/feel like. Here's what I came up with:

1. a historical period of time, just floating around: say you're driving your car around, and noticed all of a sudden that you're in the Middle Ages. No time travel, but its just the middle ages right where your car is.

Ok next one...

2. an undiscovered historical period: what about this...I'm out on errands, trying to get home. After I turn off the freeway, I suddenly run into Napoleon's army. They were tromping around in Ohio, planning an invasion but didn't know that it was 2008. Careful to not upset the space/time continuum, I decided to keep my references to a bare minimum, and addressed myself to the commanding officer only. Since he only knew french, and I only know a few words of french, we simply stared across the table at each other.

I'm out of ideas at the moment, so I'll revisit this post at another time...have a good day.

No comments: